I did a post about this months ago but that got deleted so now I’m going to do it again for the sake of the newbies. Livejournal can be quite complicated for a first timer and I usually get a lot of comments/messages asking me how to join so they can read the locked content. Well look no further cos here comes the instructions with pictures for more effective illustration.
1. First, go to the journal you would like to join/follow.
2. Click ‘join the community’.
3. Again, click ‘JOIN THE COMMUNITY’.
4. And you’re done! Welcome to the community!
5. Go back to the main/home page and you will see significant changes on the navigation bar. Instead of ‘join the community’, you can see ‘post to community’ and ‘leave the community’.
6. Congratulations! Now you can read locked entries with ease. It’s that simple, no? Don’t let LJ intimidate you. Experiment and click around stuff, learn how to navigate without the fear of doing something wrong. :)
7. Another option; go to the info/about link, which will lead you to the ‘Profile page’ of the community.
8. Find the ‘join’ tab and it will lead you to step 3.
Thanks for reading and I hope this helps.